Thursday, August 11, 2011

Square Carousel Collective


If you didnt already know I'm part of a group called The Square Carousel Collective. It consists of 10 talented illustrators that post bi-weekly challenges, with each artist taking a turn selecting a theme.Here are the first three themes and my solutions to each of them.

And check us out here


Challenge 1: Carousel animal
When I heard the topic of Carousel Animal my mind instantly gravitated towards rabbits (having the nickname ‘bunny’ in highschool only helped). With this piece i used a newer method i’ve been experimenting with, using pen, pencil and digital. Enjoy~


Challenge 2: Home away from home
There aren’t any locations that I consider my home-away-from-home, I rather associate that idea or feeling with my husband. That sense of comfort and safety, a place to relax and feel ‘at home’ can be acheived anywhere when I’m with him and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Sadly I just got back from my honeymoon so I didn’t have the appropriate amount of time for the initial image for this concept, but I hope you can enjoy something quick and cute <3



Challenge 3: Honey
Originally I wanted to do something with honey milk tea (Lolicup brand ftw) but I wasn’t sure how it would work. So I tried to jazz it up and have her drink outta a flower and then it just turned into this XD I guess picking such a broad topic really bit me in the butt this time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment